None of our constitutional freedoms would be possible without economic liberty and the protection of private property through the rule of law. The Constitution was designed specifically to limit the power of the federal government, but we now have a government that appears incapable of restraint.
Excessive taxation and regulation—too often backed up by disproportionate civil and criminal fines and penalties—limit our choices and erode our most fundamental liberties and rights. Big government, activist liberal judges and federal executive agencies are imposing overly intrusive micro-management in our daily lives that the nation’s Founders fought to prevent.
Businesses that create jobs are finding it increasingly difficult to do so in the face of excessive government interference and obstruction, not to mention confiscatory taxation.
At the same time, the nation’s growing debt burden threatens the free market and America’s very ability to function as a self-governing, free republic.
Through commentary and court briefs, the ACRU is working to restore and protect the basic economic liberties that have allowed the United States to be the freest, most prosperous country in world history.
Economic Liberty “In The News”
- A generational opportunity to reform taxes should update the tax code for the next generation economy.CONTINUE READING
- The bottom line is that each of us is grossly ignorant about the world in which we live.CONTINUE READING
- Politicians exploit public ignorance.CONTINUE READING
- Experts allege that the aggressive expansion beyond what the markets would normally dictate for these carriers disadvantages American companies.CONTINUE READING
- One thing that is clear from President Trump’s first several months in office is that powerful corporate media giants like CNN, the New York Times and others have become hopelessly more biased ...CONTINUE READING
- The most damage done to black Americans is inflicted by those politicians, civil rights leaders, and academics who assert that every problem confronting blacks is a result of a legacy of slavery ...CONTINUE READING
- When it comes to our trade agreements with foreign nations, President Trump has pledged to prioritize defending American workers and standing up to countries that seek to take advantage of them.CONTINUE READING
- It’s no secret President Trump is working to create thousands more American energy jobs, reduce regulations on energy producers and restore parity to the tax code.CONTINUE READING
- Despite the fact that people have common goals, we often see them grouped into contentious factions, fighting tooth and nail to promote polar opposite government policies in the name of achieving a ...CONTINUE READING
- Intellectual elites argue that different cultures and their values are morally equivalent. That’s ludicrous.CONTINUE READING
- Too many people believe that slavery is a “peculiar institution.”CONTINUE READING
- The best way to help low-wage workers earn higher wages is to make them more productive, and that’s not accomplished simply by saying they are more productive by mandating higher wages.CONTINUE READING
- A federal appeals court in Washington, DC, last week claimed the power to override President Donald Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency when the agency reconsiders an Obama-era regulation.CONTINUE READING
- By fostering increased supply through promoting more drilling here at home, President Trump has already achieved gains on one side of this equation.CONTINUE READING
- During this energy week, I applaud the president for taking a stand and supporting access to affordable energy.CONTINUE READING
- Feckless Republicans need a Niskanen Amendment to slow federal spending and stop debt.CONTINUE READING
- As a contributing editor for Townhall.com, and a public affairs commentator for the Salem Radio Network, Blackwell is a leading conservative voice in America.CONTINUE READING
- I think that an important part of an intelligent discussion about fairness and justice is the recognition that knowing results of a process cannot establish whether there is fairness or justice.CONTINUE READING
- Republicans need a defense against endless debt ceiling hikes.CONTINUE READING
- If we define greed as people wanting much more than what they have, then everyone is greedy.CONTINUE READING
Economic Liberty “In the Courts”
- The most comprehensive assault on the Separation of Powers Doctrine, in the history of American law.CONTINUE READING