None of our constitutional freedoms would be possible without economic liberty and the protection of private property through the rule of law. The Constitution was designed specifically to limit the power of the federal government, but we now have a government that appears incapable of restraint.
Excessive taxation and regulation—too often backed up by disproportionate civil and criminal fines and penalties—limit our choices and erode our most fundamental liberties and rights. Big government, activist liberal judges and federal executive agencies are imposing overly intrusive micro-management in our daily lives that the nation’s Founders fought to prevent.
Businesses that create jobs are finding it increasingly difficult to do so in the face of excessive government interference and obstruction, not to mention confiscatory taxation.
At the same time, the nation’s growing debt burden threatens the free market and America’s very ability to function as a self-governing, free republic.
Through commentary and court briefs, the ACRU is working to restore and protect the basic economic liberties that have allowed the United States to be the freest, most prosperous country in world history.
Economic Liberty “ACRU Commentary”
- 9/11: America is already first in this new technology, and the Trump administration should keep it that way.CONTINUE READING
- 9/5: ACRU Policy Board member and Professor of Economics Dr. Walter E. Williams explains what we can learn from the radical Marxism taking over South Africa.CONTINUE READING
- 8/31: For the first time in years, American workers will be celebrating Labor Day knowing that we finally have the economic wind in our sails.CONTINUE READING
- 8/13: Strong patents are an American tradition, an essential component of American ingenuity and innovation.CONTINUE READING
- 8/1: ACRU Policy Board member and Professor of Economics Dr. Walter E. Williams explains the real reasons behind poverty in America.CONTINUE READING
- 7/30: There’s no doubt about it: President Donald J. Trump has breathed new life into the American economy!CONTINUE READING
- 7/11: ACRU Policy Board member and Professor of Economics Dr. Walter E Williams explains why the President’s tariffs aren’t a smart choice for the US economy.CONTINUE READING
- 4/16: America’s position as the world’s innovation leader is in peril.CONTINUE READING
- 3/6: ACRU Policy Board member and Professor of Economics Dr. Walter E Williams speaks to the Young Americans Foundation on the morality of wealth redistribution.CONTINUE READING
- 2/24: During his short time in office, President Donald Trump has taken several steps that have generated robust economic growth, including signing historic tax cuts that have already led to bigger paychecks ...CONTINUE READING
Economic Liberty “In the Courts”
- While an overzealous regulatory agency may be old news to many of us, the PTAB presents a clear constitutional problem in my view.CONTINUE READING
- Obama holdover Leandra English is claiming to be the acting head of the powerful Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.CONTINUE READING
- The most comprehensive assault on the Separation of Powers Doctrine, in the history of American law.CONTINUE READING